FAQs about renting a home from us:
How can I qualify to rent a home from you?
Our standards for qualifying are fair and simple:
- Your gross monthly household income must be at least three times the monthly rent.
- Acceptable proof of income for the entire last three months
- Reasonable credit history (no utility account collections)
- Good references from your current and previous Landlords, including housekeeping and property care
- No eviction actions or felonies within the last 5 years
Applicants who fall short of the above criteria may still qualify by increasing deposits, paying rent in advance, or having a cosigner. Ask us about options that may be available to you.
How many people are allowed to live in a home?
The maximum number of occupants in a home is limited to 2 people per bedroom.
Can you tell me more about the application process?
Certainly. Each adult occupant must submit a complete application all required supporting documents, and pay a $35 application fee. Then we will contact employers, landlords, and references, and we will verify all information on your application.
My application was approved! Now what should I do?
Once your application is approved, all adults must sign the lease and pay the the first month's rent to hold the property. At that time, the property is removed from the availability list, and the money you have paid to hold the property is nonrefundable. If you do not pay the funds required to hold the property, it will continue to be advertised, and you risk losing the home to another qualified applicant.
What if I'm not ready to move in yet?
If the unit is move-in ready, your lease must begin within 2 weeks of the date on which your application was approved. If the home will not be move-in ready within 2 weeks, your lease date will be the same date on which the home is scheduled to be move-in ready.
What if I decide I no longer want the home after I've paid funds to hold it?
The first month's rent you pay is your guarantee to us that you will move into the home. If you change your mind for any reason, the money you have paid is not refundable.
When do I get the keys to my new home?
You will receive your keys at the home on your move-in date, provided you have paid your full security deposit and any other move-in charges in addition to the first month's rent. You also must provide us with proof of your current renter's insurance policy, and that all required utility accounts have been transferred to your name.
What are some of the important rules I need to know?
This is not an all-inclusive list, but here are a few:
- All our properties are non-smoking and drug-free.
- All rent must be paid online using your Portal (you'll receive access once you're ready to pay your move-in charges) to avoid incurring a processing fee. Rent may also be paid via PaySlip at any CVS or Family Dollar store with the unique PaySlip card you'll receive from us.
- Pets are permitted in some of our homes, but only with prior written approval, All dogs and cats must be spayed/neutered. Cats must be declawed or have nail caps applied. Other conditions apply.
- If you or your guest breaks something or damages the property in any way, you're responsible for the cost of repairs.
I want to move because my current landlord doesn't fix anything - how do I know I won't have the same problem when I move into your property?
We want you to enjoy living in a nice, safe, and clean home for a long time to come. We have a "no slumlord" policy with our property owners, who must agree to normal maintenance and upkeep expenses to make sure your home stays in good repair.
Still have questions? Send us a message here:
Providing detailed information will allow us to better assist you.